The first Yamaha Scrambler coming out of the workshop customizing motorcycles LDK in Spain. On this occasion, we have not chosen a Harley Davidson, nor a BMW or Triumph motorcycle.
“I want to customize a motorcycle, which can be corporate and I want to do it with a Fazer 98.” This is what José (owner of Sixtino Design Labs) told Fran Manen of Lord Drake Kustoms. The customer was clear that he wanted something Scrambler, with taco wheels and the matte green fuel tank. From there, LDK had total freedom to build this project.
How the Yamaha Fazer was customized into a Scrambler
A transformed motorcycle, simple, but well made (less is more) and with very special details; as the rectangular motorcycle headlight and the mask, a touch that has given the motorcycle a lot of personality and with which we have also managed to escape the boredom of the typical 7-inch round headlights or the round headlights with grille.
The rear turn signals have been incorporated into the tubes of the subframe itself, once it was modified. The front and rear suspensions were modified to give a more stylized line to the project.
Regarding the finishes and the paint, this motorcycle has acquired a green military-type tank, with the matte black predominantly in the rest. The brown seat and the detail of the light tinted in yellow have made this motorcycle a very attractive combination that is surprising to people who see it in person. Its own creators did not expect this Scrambler result with a motorcycle like the Yamaha Fazer.
On the Sixtino Design Labs website, there is a phrase that says: “We are passionate about combining innovative ideas with designs that please the eyes.” This phrase has been the basis for this project; It has been innovated using a motorcycle not very common until now in the world of motorcycle customization and has been combined with a design with bases Scrambler and Street Tracker style that has resulted in a Yamaha Scrambler very striking facing to the fans and people who have seen it.
Datasheet and modifications
- Base: Yamaha Fazer.
- Year: 1998.
- Displacement: 600cc.
- Fork: Original modified (-3 ”) with external bellows.
- Rear suspension: modified suspension and custom-made connecting rods.
- Tank: Original modified.
- Subframe: Modified.
- Seat: Manufactured and upholstered custom.
- Escapes: Collectors treated with ceramic coating and modified to adapt the tail.
- Front-wheel: 130 Metzeler tire.
- Rear-wheel: 170 Metzeler tire.
- Lighting: Tinted rectangular front headlight with face shield, front and rear turn signals, led´s rear light.
- Speedometer: Motogadget digital speedometer and warning lights cluster.
- Handlebar: 7/8 BMX style with new grips and folding handles.
- Mudguards: Custom made front.
- Side: Custom modified side covers with grilles.
- Other modifications: mirrors, transmission and chain kit, paint and powder coating of the entire motorcycle, graphics, passenger footrest modification, wiring, license plate support manufacturing, etc.
PHOTOS: Álvaro Manén
You can order your own Yamaha Fazer Scrambler now!
BASE: Yamaha Fazer FZ6 600 or any model of Yamaha Fazer 1998-2002.
STYLE: Scrambler/Street Tracker
LOCATION: This bike is at our European location (Málaga, Spain). We can do the same bike at our USA location (Miami, FL) for the American market.
TIME: 60 – 90 days aprox.
SHIPPING: Worldwide. Free shipping to USA & EUROPE.