With this bike Lord Drake Kustoms continues its custom work with BMW base. The end result contains lines of Cafe Racer, Bobber or vintage and a touch of Scrambler due to used tires. That is why it is finally a custom BMW R100.
This work was commissioned by a local client and follower who went to the motorcycle transformation workshop in Malaga by Lord Drake Kustoms. Once there and after a quick conversation everything was closed and ready to begin with this transformation project of BMW R100.
How this BMW R100 Cafe Racer and Scrambler was made
As always in this type of motorcycles, the first thing was to disassemble it and remove everything unnecessary. The next thing was to modify the front suspension to give it the desired height, choose and place the rear shock absorbers and the handlebar, and with all this we would begin to see what would be the silhouette and final height of the motorcycle, which should be as low as possible.
Subsequently, the front and rear fenders, the seat support and the seat itself, the battery box, license plate holder, headlight holder and some other parts were handmade.
In the aesthetic part it was easy, all the paint from the fuel tank was left until it was left in the original metal, which after being polished was lacquered in matt. For the rest of the motorcycle parts, practically powder paint (electrostatic paint) was used combining matte black with textured black.
Technical Data Sheet
- Motorcycle: BMW R100
- Year: 1981
- Displacement: 1,000 cc.
- Exhaust: Original modified with custom tails.
- Shock absorbers: LDK air suspension.
- Fork: Original modified.
- Odometer: Digital Motogadget.
- Hand controls: Handlebars, grips, controls and pinions of lights, levers and front brake pump, etc.
- Foot controls: modified LDK.
- Rims: Originals with powdercoating.
- Tires Continental.
- Fuel Tank: Original.
- Seat: support and craft seat LDK.
- Front mudguard: artisan LDK.
- Mudguard: artisan LDK.
- Number plate: artisan LDK.
- Lighting: spotlight, intermittent Front LEDs on cuffs, pilot and rear turn signals LEDs under saddle.
- Paint and finishes: Deposit in matt lacquered steel and a combination of matte black and textured black with powdercoating on the rest of the motorcycle. All the powdercoating works made by Metal Colors (www.metalcolors.com)
All the photographs by Álvaro Manén.
You can order your own BMW R100 Cafe Racer now!
MODEL: BMW R100 Cafe Racer DM
BASE: BMW R100
STYLE: Cafe Racer, Bobber, Scrambler.
TIME: 60 days aprox.